Duke's Biodemography of Aging Research Unit (BARU) is hosting the the Duke-NIH Workshop "Leveraging Existing Data and Analytic Methods for Health Disparities Research Related to Aging" assembling a broad array of experts including Carl Hill, NIA Office of Special Populations.
The objective of the Workshop is to improve the understanding of how existing analytic methods and data can be leveraged to make progress in understanding the causes and mechanisms of health-related disparities in Alzheimer’s Disease, related dementias and other prominent age-related diseases. Discussion will cover a range of academic and administrative topics including:
- Advanced analytic methods and modeling of health disparities
- Gender-related disparities
- Race/ethnicity-related disparities
- Geographic-related disparities across the U.S.
- Leveraging existing administrative health data
- Individual causal factors and correlates
- New methodological advances
- Available administrative support at Duke University